Salt River Improvement District in Cape Town
Property owners in Salt River are invested in the future of the area and have established their own Special Rating Area now known as Salt River Business Improvement District. The SRBID supports the urban regeneration of the area and old industrial buildings are being converted into innovative and creative industry hubs.
The Salt River Business Improvement District has already beefed up its security presence in Salt River by utilising a budget of nearly R240 000 for one City law enforcement officer, known as a rent-a-cop, and a CCTV camera system that focusses on crime hotspots in the area.
Property Owner Supported Projects
Property owners with the financial means to contribute beyond their SRA levy for the Salt River Business Improvement District are being encouraged to support various additional initiatives such as:
- Donation of infrastructure for the deployment of CCTV cameras of properties in strategic locations.
- Job creation and skills development opportunities.
- Funding of voluntary additional services including landscaping of public spaces through an “adopt a spot” initiative.
- Funding of additional security patrols in the public area.
- Funding for the direct employment of additional City of Cape Town Law enforcement officers.
- Donation of supplies and equipment for the operations of the SRBID such as uniforms, branding, signage, cleaning equipment
Explore Salt River with a few of the trendy places to visit in this fascinating area in Cape Town
Lifestyle components in any area is important for communities, so read about the vibrant lifestyle in Salt River
Find out where you can go to visit a market in Salt River